CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Test results...kinda

Well, I had my colposcopy yesterday and believe it or not, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I won't go into detail but the doctor did find two suspicious spots on my cervix and took biopsies (he numbed the area first, so i didn't even feel it! I'm so thankful for that!) He said that the results should be back by next Tuesday. So, now it's just a waiting game. I asked him before hand what the lesions could be and he said "oh, precancerous" like it was no big deal. I don't even want to hear that word! So, depending on the grade (low or high grade) of the lesions determines the treatment options. If it's low grade, he'll treat it with an acid but if it's high grade, he'll do this procedure called a LEEP where basically they just use this laser and remove the part of your cervix that has the lesions. And from what I read, the cells regenerate and grow back and shouldn't cause any complications or infertility in the future. So, I feel much better about everything, just very anxious and apprehensive to get the results back. I just want to put this all behind me and move on. I'm not in any pain from it now and haven't been, so that's a definite praise! I'm so thankful that God is in control and I don't have to worry about all this. I'm starting to get a bit of peace about it but it's still a little nerve racking just to wait...

3 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Glad to hear from you...I've been praying and still am. We made it to MS yesterday...9 hours. WOW. I'll keep looking for an update on Tuesday. Hang in there!!!

Jason & Kimberly said...

Hey, I had a good conversation with Brooks today. He mentioned they got a van! Very cool. I'll be praying for you and hope to see ya soon! Where were you at today?

Carley said...

Thanks for the prayers guys!

I went to a wedding last night and was out late, so I decided to sleep in this morning. Hope to see you soon too!