CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What's going on??

I finally got my results back from my last pap smear today. About 2 weeks ago I had to have a follow up pap because it was abnormal 6 months ago. Well, it came back abnormal again. The nurse said that they found atypical cells and lesions on my cervix. They want to do a colposcopy next week. I've never had this done, so I'm a bit anxious about it. Here's a website I found that tells more about it if you're interested in knowing more about the procedure. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colposcopy/WO00097. Maybe it is, and maybe it's not related to my endometriosis, but geez! I thought everything was fine! I just have to keep reminding myself that God is in control and he is sovereign over this, whatever the outcome is. Just please pray that it's not anything and is only atypical cells - not precancerous. If anyone else has had this procedure, please give me a heads up as to what to expect and why they're doing it. If it was just atypical cells, I don't think they'd do another procedure til my next pap smear like they did this time. I'm a bit freaked out by it all today...

3 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Hey girl, and my goodness. What is going on??? I'm praying for sure, let me know what day you go next week and if there's anything I can do. See you in the morning probably when we come up for Bible study

Amy said...

Carley,
I had this done after having an abnormal pap which they repeated to make sure it was again abnormal. I lived in Birmingham at the time. I remember it being done in the doctor's office in a special procedures room they had. I remember the chilly solutions they used! I had a biopsy done because things didn't look right and I remember a "pinch" and cramps...it is uncomfortable and I felt light headed (had to have a coke and all) once I sat up. This was over 8 yrs. ago and things have probably changed some. I would probably have someone go with me if they suggest it. (In case you are like me and get light headed.)I think this is protocol for anyone who has 2 abnormal paps. They have to check it out for your good. I pray that everything looks normal when they go in! I know it is stressful and worrisome!! But you are right, God is in control. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Carley said...

Thanks so much Amy! That's really helpful. That sounds pretty much like what I've read and they've told me. The nurse said that I'd feel a pinch and it'd be a bit uncomfortable, so maybe they're already planning on taking a biopsy. Cramps have been killer today, so it made me a bit more thankful that they're going ahead with this. Thanks so much for the info. I feel a little more comfortable with it now, knowing that someone else I know has had it too. :)