CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

letting down my guard

My randomness just very well may come out in this post...

I've realized that I've put a wall up and am afraid of letting people in. In order to get to know others and connect as a family of believers, I've got to be willing to knock down the wall and let others in if I expect for them to do the same for me. How else am I going to be able to make an investment in a non-believers life if I don't let them in on mine somewhat. So here's goes nothing....

My parents divorced when I was 3. My mom remarried my stepdad when I was 7. I have a brother, Brooks, who's 2 years old than me. When my parents divorced, we moved in with my grandparents who helped raise us and shape us to be who we are today. When my mom remarried, we moved into my great granddad's old farm house. We moved from there when I was 13 into the house we're in now. Less than 6 months after we moved in, on New Year's Eve, the house caught on fire and we lost all of our belongings. While we were rebuilding the house, my brother's friend Michael asked if he could live with us. We gained legal custody of him and we now consider him our brother. The summer before the house burned, I accepted Christ as my savior on a youth camp in Alabama. Brooks was there with me and prayed with me and I think it changed our relationship forever. I went to college at Georgia Southern University and majored in Child and Family Development. Surprisingly, I only spent 4 years in college! I am now an administrative assistant at Mabel White Baptist Church and have been there for 2 years. I hope to use my degree one day, but this job is a good fit for now.

Random tidbits...
I have a very hard time getting my words out and getting my point across
I absolutely hate cold weather, unless I'm inside by the fire or snow skiing
I love taking long baths at night and reading a book
I'm naturally a brunette
Honesty is a forte of mine
Chick flicks make me happy
I love alone time and enjoy my space
I live for the nights and dread the mornings
I can't wait to be a mom (but I will!) - I love kids!
My new addiction is the Tudor family history
The first thing I notice about someone is their smile
I was born to live on the beach, but the sun scares me now!
Pilates is much better than yoga, and I wish I had more space to practice more often.
I love camping, hiking, Georgia Southern Football, bowling, movies, music and my daytimer :)

4 comments:

keith said...

Man you are strange!!
Ha,ha.
Thanks for coming out of the closet of perfection! A little letting down of the gard is a good thing.

Heath said...

I think you forgot something!

Carley said...

I love being strange!! :) and what'd I forget?? lol

keith said...

I forgot u
but I didn't really forget
it just isn't there