CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Random Thoughts

* I am so thankful that no one was hurt in the earthquake in California today! I freaked just a bit when I heard where it was, which was 5 minutes from Bill's work, but he's ok and no one was hurt! Thank you Jesus!! :)

*I've finished reading "Bad Girls of the Bible" and I've narrowed down my next reading to 2 books - "One thing" by Sam Storms or "Living the Cross Centered Life" by C.J. Mahoney. I actually found these on my own and was glad to hear that others had read these and got good reviews of them. I'm excited to start reading one!

* I went to the waterpark in Statesboro Friday and was faced with the unexpected. My ex of 3 and a half years was there. I'm not sure if he saw me, but I was definitely surprised to see him! It made for a bit of an uncomfortable day, but it was definite reassurance that I had made the right decision.

* I need to face a few things in my life: 1. calling my dad; 2. emailing a friend back that I have been angry with for a few years who emailed me this weekend; 3. releasing anger with another friend for not communicating with me about an issue. I can' do this alone, but I know that God's grace gives me the strength to overcome these issues. So I'm relying on Christ and not myself!

* I'm going on vacation next week (Monday night through Saturday - we just can't handle missing church!!) I've still got a good bit of work left to finish, so I hope it will all get done so I won't worry about it next week. I'm so thankful for wonderful coworkers who will help out so others can take a break!! Thanks guys! :)

* Update on the house: it's still on the market! I need a side job to bring in about $100 extra a week so I will be comfortable in my finances. Until that happens, I don't feel ready to move forward on this house. I pray that God provides if it's meant to be.

* I got my camera to finally work! After I went on vacation last year on the houseboat in Utah, my camera stopped working. I think when I plugged it into the outlet on the boat, it messed up the internal charger part of my camera. So, I bought a battery charger (where you actually have to take the battery out and put it in the charger) and it works! Now, I just have to find my USB cord...but in the meantime...here are some pics of Caleb that mom took a week or so ago. I love my nephew!! :)







4 comments:

Amy said...

Good decision making Carley! Praying for strength and wisdom as you face these challenges.
Caleb is such a cutie!!

Carley said...

Thanks Amy!

Jason & Kimberly said...

The new design has me wondering if you were watching an Austin Powers movie. We'll be asking for humility in the days ahead.

Melissa said...

I can't wait for vacation either! We're gonna have so much fun and I can't wait to be off work!!! I love the pics of Caleb! He's so Adorable! I am so happy that Caleb is blessed with so much loving family.